10 Discounts Seniors Didn’t Know They Could Get
1. Discounts on Utilities
Our research team was happily surprised to find that many local and state government agencies have programs in place that help Seniors save on monthly gas, electric and sewer bills. We were even happier to find out that most energy providers also have discounts available.
For example, cities like Springfield, IL offer a 10% discount to qualified Seniors. The city of Chicago gives Senior homeowners that are 65+ free sewer service once they apply for the discount. Energy providers like Georgia Power offers a discount of up to $18 on metered service based on income qualifications. Atmos Energy offers a Senior Citizens Residential Discount Program for their gas and electric services. Seniors can receive monthly discounts on services as well as specific monthly fees being waived.
It is worth contacting your local city government and utility providers directly to ask about discounted rates and savings for Seniors.
2. Join AARP for instant access to hundreds of benefits and social programs!
Join AARP and you'll enjoy exclusive discounts and resources that help you feel great,
save money, and have fun. AARP's trustworthy information and resources can help you protect your health, your family, and your career.
Plus, you'll save money on dining, travel, prescriptions, eyeglasses, and more! Enjoy Membership for 25% off! Only $12 for your first year
with automatic renewal. Plus, pick your free gift!
3. Owe More Than $20,000 in Credit Card Debt? Use This Brilliant Debt Payoff Plan
4. You Could Save THOUSANDS in Mortgage Reduction
5. Get Thousands Back, Get Rid of Your Timeshare
If you're stuck with a Timeshare you never use, let the experts help you get your money back instead of struggling alone.
My Timeshare Expert helps you recoup the cost of your Timeshare by providing all the resources you need.
Get a free quote with no risk and no obligation through My Timeshare Expert and let the experts tell you
how to get thousands of dollars back on your investment. Simply enter your information to get your free quote!
6. See If You Have A Match Today!
Are you tired of dating games and ready to meet singles in your area? Let RealMatureSingles find them for you. Fill out our simple form and let us introduce you to that special someone.
7. Discount on Car Insurance
You might think you're already paying a low auto insurance rate, but recent research shows that only 5% of Americans over the age of 55 are paying less than $50 per month for car insurance. If you're currently paying more than $50 per month, and have had no accidents or tickets in the past two years, you can probably secure a much lower car insurance rate. The best way to do that is to compare quotes from multiple insurers - let them compete for your business. In fact, there is a new website that allows you to do just that, it is called RateFetcher. Once you fill out the form on their website they'll provide you with multiple quotes you can choose from. If you're still not satisfied, you can always call up the major car insurance companies and let them know you're looking for better offers and that you are a senior citizen.
8. Save on Life Insurance
The National Family Assurance team has gone out of the way to source the most affordable yet reliable insurance plans for you. The plans offer coverage from as little as $5K-$1M. And the deal on Life Insurance Plans gets even sweeter: no medical check-ups, guaranteed acceptance into the plans, and simply the best-priced plans with a 30-Day Money back guarantee. Affordable yet reliable insurance plans for you.
9. Dining Out Discounts
When you don't feel like cooking here is a list of restaurants that offer senior deals. Keep in mind that some deals and discounts may vary by location and can change without notice.
- Arby's: 10% discount for those over 55.
- Chick-fil-a: Free small drink or coffee plus a 10% discount for those 55+
- Waffle House: 10% meals on Mondays for seniors 60+
- Burger King: 10% discount for those 60 and older.
- Steak and Shake: 10% discount on certain days for 55+
- Captain D's: Discount on select days for seniors 62 and older.
- McDonald's: Discounts on coffee and beverages (55+)
- IHOP: 10% discount (55+) and a menu for people aged 55 and over at participating locations
- Subway: 10% off for seniors 60+
- Golden Corral: 10% off for seniors 60+
- Papa John's: Save 25% if you are over 55 or an AARP member
- Krispy Kreme: 10% discount (50+)
- Chilis Grill and Bar: 10% discount for seniors 55+
- Boston Market: 10% discount for seniors 65+
- Perkins Restaurants: Fifty-Five Plus menu Offers special deals (55+)
- Carl's Jr.: 10% discount on meal or drink.
10. Travel Discounts for Seniors
Many travel companies from hotels to cruises offer senior discounts. They can vary and change so just ask for what their current offer is. Here are some good ones:
- Alamo: Up to 25% off for AARP members.
- Clarion: 20%-30% off (60+)
- Amtrak: 15% off (62+)
- Hyatt Hotels: 25%-50% off (62+)
- Ripley's Believe it or Not: $2 off one-day ticket (55+)
- Myrtle Beach Resort: 10% off (55+)
- Econo Lodge: 20%-30% off (60+)
- Best Western: 10% off (55+)
- SeaWorld Orlando: $3 off one-day tickets (50+)
- Carnival Cruise: Exclusive savings for seniors 55+ (call before booking)
- American Airlines: Various discounts for 65 and up (call before booking)
Don't forget to claim these senior savings discounts: